The Advanced Training is a full immersion 5 day, 4 night residential experience.
It is a one-of-a-kind learning experience that delivers the best tools and thinking from the only national strategy center dedicated to amplifying the impact of grassroots organizing for social and ecological justice with the power of narrative. Together we are a powerful network of story-based strategy practitioners and leaders throughout the social & ecological justice movements.
EXPAND YOUR STRATEGY TOOLBOX
- Deep dive into developing your Story-based Strategy skills
- Practice Story-based Strategy on real campaigns
- Connect with other change-makers
- Apply these tools to your own campaigns and organizing
The Advanced Training IS: An intense boot-camp style residential training with a sophisticated learning community exclusively focused on CSS's story-based strategy methodology and model of narrative and campaign development for movement organizations and alliances.
The Advanced Training IS NOT: A media 101 training. An organizing 101 training. An anti-oppression training. A messaging consultation for your organization. An introduction to story-based strategy.
Core skills practiced:
- Integrate narrative power analysis into your campaign work
- Facilitate story-based strategy exercises such as the Battle of the Story
- Apply story-based strategy concepts in teams led by dynamic national leaders to current issues and real campaigns
- Create narratives, memes, and point-of-assumption actions
Upcoming ADVANCED TRAININGS
The Advanced Training takes place once a year. The 2017 AT is taking place in Corbett, Oregon in October.
Applications are now closed.
Interested in attending a future Advanced Training?
The full tuition for this advanced training is based on your organization's budget and includes pre-retreat webinar, book, lodging, meals, ground transportation (to and from nearest airport), all advanced training materials and five days of intensive training.
- $250K or Below (Student Rate): $750.00
- $250K – 500K Budget: $1,000.00
- $500K+ Budget: $1,500.00
Note: If you are applying as an individual, please choose an amount on the sliding scale according to your financial capacity $750-1500. Contact us if you have specific questions about the participant fees, including individuals or organizations for which this may be a hardship.