Earlier this month our CSS Imagination staff teamed up with our friends at the Interaction Institute for Social Change to do some Imagin-action work that we called #The4thBox. Our goal was to spark imagination and conversation with a blank box that anyone could fill in.
We received lots of awesome feedback and ideas in the form of comments on Facebook, Twitter, and by email. Now, we would really like people to put their imagination into action and participate in something we call, "Show, Don't Tell."
WE'VE PUT TOGETHER #THE4THBOX CUT-OUTS
TO HELP YOU VISUALIZE YOUR IDEAS!
We invite you to use this tool at your next gathering, staff meeting, retreat or training.
- Cut out the various pieces in this kit, and rearrange them to illustrate a new idea related to equity and social justice.
- Tape or glue them to the last sheet in the kit.
- Snap a photo and tweet or FaceBook it using #the4thbox!
- Draw and add additional objects to extend the metaphor.*Dr
- Draw your own people to address questions of identity and difference.
- Draw a new setting on a blank piece of paper.
- Explore the meanings of each element of the metaphor as you think about your own vision.