2015's Top Memes
op Memes considers memes used or created by our social movements to challenge the status quo, and the mass memes shaping politics and pop culture.
or us, memes spread meaning through story, via symbols and practices and are transmitted through writing, speech, gestures, images, rituals, and phenomena.
So which memes do YOU think made the final cut?
SO WHAT WERE THE TOP MEMES OF 2015?
We narrowed it down to 10 Top Memes for 2015 and here was the criteria we used....
2015 Top Memes Criteria (may not meet all, but does meet most)
- Is a “meme”- a piece of writing, speech, gestures, images, rituals and phenomena
- Challenges the status quo
- Shapes politics (little “p”)
- Shapes culture (little “c”)
- Represents a range of critical contemporary issues
- “it” has the “IT” factor, has to be viral