Looking to do more than just share thought-provoking memes today?
THIS IS HOW WE #CHANGETHESTORY
These 8 Cities Just Abolished Columbus Day
Here are 12 things you can do or learn about to support Indigenous People TODAY & EVERYDAY!
- Indigenous Peoples National Day of Action #Oct14 On #Oct14, 2015, in cities and towns around the nation, people will be engaging in a National Day of Action to once again call attention to the urgent need for bold steps to be taken to address the global climate crisis. #LeaveItInTheGround #PeoplesClimate
- he Red Dress Project Display of red dresses to represent the country's missing and murdered indigenous women.
- Unist'ot'en Camp ~ The Unist'ot'en Camp is a non-violent occupation of Unceded Unist´ot´en territory
- Kanahus' Land Defence Fund - Kanahus has been at the forefront and frontlines of the Indigenous-led resistance movements for over a decade. Kanahus, is not just a lifelong Land and Freedom Fighter, she is also a traditional Midwife, a mother of four Freedom Babies and her most important work has been to stop the reopening of Imperial Metals Mount Polley mine.
- Winnipeg Indigenous Rock the Vote
- Legal Defence Fund for Judy Da Silva ~ Since April, Grassy Narrows First Nation activist and grandmother, Judy Da Silva has faced mounting legal costs from a CN railway lawsuit. CN is trying to penalize Judy for organizing a traditional ceremony to protect the water.
- 25 years ago in Are you part of #GenerationOka? We invite you to share your story of the #MohawkUprising. ~ Known as the “Oka Crisis or the 1990 Siege/Occupation of Kanehsatà:ke & Kahnawake this event that further revealed Canada’s true colonial and oppressive character in its treatment of Indigenous Peoples.
- Get involved with the following groups!
- Follow Kanahaus’ Work
- Send Us Your Story
- SHARE OUT THIS LIST!!!
* Special thanks to the amazing Tori Cress from Idle No More!