Explore new resources & help us create new story-based strategy tools!
Story Detours are simple instructions meant to help in moving creative strategic thinking off our well-worn tracks.
- Having trouble with your strategy?
- Feel like you've been telling the same story for too long, without enough impact?
- Have a strategy, but stuck on how to tell the story?
Draw a Detour card when you’re stuck crafting a story-based strategy, and follow the instructions to experiment and give your imagination a different route to take.
Staring at a blank page can be overwhelming, even for experienced change-makers planning a creative action. By adding constraints, you can focus your creative problem solving. Get the creativity flowing by getting out of analysis mode and just prototyping an intervention, using the Picture This! deck.
Each card indicates three constraints for you to follow in designing an action or intervention:
- A Point of Intervention – where you will intervene
- A Medium – what form the intervention must take
- An Emotion – the emotional reaction your intervention is intended to evoke in the target audience
Draw a card and get to prototyping!!