Seeking a nonprofit Administrative Associate responsible for basic bookkeeping, accounts payable, and other nonprofit administration duties in our Oakland office.
Center for Story-based Strategy (CSS) is seeking a highly competent, detail-oriented Administrative Associate who can help us reach our mission by staying on top of the day to day functions that make all our work possible!
CSS has built a strong internal team and is looking for our next member as our staff expands to accommodate our growing, in-demand story-based strategy trainings and movement-building work.
This non-exempt hourly position will start at 20 hrs/week, with the potential for more. The position will start with a 3-month probationary period to determine fit.
Ideal candidates should have experience with nonprofit bookkeeping, accounts payable, invoicing, database management, and be proficient in Quickbooks, Excel/spreadsheets, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
We invite you to join our creative and powerful team!
- Quickbooks data entry
- Accounts Payable administration
- Accounts Receivable administration
- Donation processing
2. OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Office and event space organization; purchase and manage supplies, equipment, and inventory
- Logistics support for staff and board meetings, retreats
- Travel booking as necessary
- Database management: data entry, cleanup/de-duplication, backups
- Scheduling support
The Administrative Associate will be integrated into a strong organizational culture (as appropriate relevant to the part-time position) of regular internal communications, organizational development meetings, and mechanisms to promote ongoing team-building, smooth and transparent information-sharing, and alignment with organizational values.
What We're Looking For:
Applicants committed, experienced, and excited about working on social justice issues in diverse multiracial, cross-sectoral movements. We want creative, bold, imaginative applicants; team players with the ability to manage stress and find the opportunity in the crisis; hard workers with excellent time management skills who deliver high quality results on tight timelines; and people with a demonstrated commitment to fundamental social change.
- 2-3 years experience in operations, bookkeeping and finance
- Proficiency with Quickbooks, Excel/spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Google Calendar and Google Docs
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to stick to deadlines
- Must work in Oakland office during regular office hours (M-F between 9-5)
- Experience and cultural competency working in diverse environment
Additional Valuable Skills:
- Bilingual Spanish-English speakers
- Experience in nonprofit-specific bookkeeping, including temp-restricted grants
- Experience with Salsa
- Familiarity with story-based strategy preferred
Wages: $18-22/hour based on skills and experience; pro-rated benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wraparound coverage, holidays, paid vacation and sick time.
Center for Story-based Strategy (CSS) is a values-based organization with a deep commitment to building transformative culture and challenging racism, sexism, homophobia and oppression in all its forms. CSS is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds and challenging historic patterns of political marginalization and oppression. People of Color, working-class people, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with “[Your Name]: Admin Associate” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in working with CSS, and your qualifications for the position. Please send your application materials in PDF format, with your last name in each file name.
Position start date negotiable between November 2017-February 2018.
Apply immediately. Job posting will remain online until position is filled.